Artisans’ Gallery and Swap Meet!
Activities taking place at the Clarion Hotel Ballroom
1950 Newtown Pike
Lexington, KY 40511
BreyerFest continues after dark at the Clarion! Visit the Artisans' Gallery and Swap Meet for awe-inspiring shopping!
Thursday, 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday & Saturday, 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm
BreyerFest is proud to host the hobby's finest artists and craftsmen. Artists will be on hand to display and sell their custom creations. The Artisans' Gallery is the perfect place to find a very special addition to your collection. For more information on participating as an artist, please see the Artisans' Gallery application.
Be a part of the event that showcases talented artists from the world of model horse collecting and beyond! Artists will be featured in the event program! Please note, you must be accepted by May 15th to be included in the program.
Early Bird Special: Secure your table by April 15th and receive a BreyerFest Guest Pin FREE!
Media may be original sculpture, bronze, wood, resin, clay, acrylic painting, watercolor painting, oil painting, pencil portraiture, custom tack, and customized Breyer models. Subject should be equine-related, but may also include other animal subjects as well. Submitting an application does not constitute acceptance into the Artisans' Gallery. Pictures and/or samples of the artist's work must be submitted to Breyer with completed application and full payment for approval.
You must be a three-day ticket holder to display and sell in the Artisans' Gallery.
Click Here for the Artisans' Gallery Application
Join the Swap Meet!
Friday, 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm
Clarion Hotel Ball Room
Are you looking to sell or trade some of your Breyer models? Do you want to check out what other collectors are doing to customize their models, or get some tips and tricks for your own? The Swap Meet is the place for you!
Interested in having a table at the Swap Meet?
A limited number of tables are available so book yours early!
BreyerFest Breakables Live!
Thursday, 3:00 pm
A great way to kick off BreyerFest! This show is restricted to equine models made of china. Due to the delicate nature of the models, only show participants are permitted past the viewing area. Registration required.
Best Customs Contest
Announcing the 2017 Breyer Best Customs Contest! This contest will honor the best in customizing - re-making and re-sculpting the model itself, awesome finish work, and even possibly mohair and superb tack (not required). Prizes include a Traditional scale Exclusive Special Breyer model and Rosette to first place, and a unique Stablemates model plus Rosette for second and third place for winners in each division. Top 3 custom finalists in each division to be showcased at BreyerFest in the Artisans' Gallery for final judging.
• Excellence in Finish Work
o Excellence in final paint decoration, including a high level of detail work, smoothness of paint, and a glowing, flawless finish. Judging will be on paint work only. For this reason, no customizing outside of slight modification is allowed. No fantasy entries, realistic equines only please.
o Evaluated on both customizing and finish work and uniqueness of entry. Use a Breyer model as your blank canvas, and let your imagination run wild! Judged 60% on creative concept and 40% on execution. A crowd favorite! Any size of Breyer model welcome. All non-realistic entries must enter this class.
• Most Extreme Custom
o Extensive custom with little evidence of original model or models used underneath. To be judged on the quality of the extensive re-working, conformation and finish work. No fantasy entries, realistic equines only please.
• Best Custom for Performance Excellence (shown with Tack and Rider)
o Judged on creating that winning performance entry. Judged 80% on the customization of the horse, and 20% on the tack and rider presentation. Dioramas and accessories are welcome and encouraged, as they make an exciting display for our BreyerFest guests, however the judging will be on the actual model and tack itself. This is a great chance for you to introduce kids and those new to model horse collecting to the artistry of Performance showing. Include a small card detailing the discipline and class being performed. No fantasy entries, realistic equines only please.
• Theme Class
o New for 2017! This class will feature a new theme that will vary from year to year. This year's theme: "Good Things in Small Packages". This class is for Mini scale models only. Must use Breyer Paddock Pals, Stablemates, or Mini Whinnies model as the base for your customizing work. No fantasy entries, realistic equines only please. No Classic or Traditional scale models allowed in this class.
• One (1) Special Edition BreyerFest Best Customs Traditional model(Estimated Retail Value $1,000) to first place Winner of each division (6 models to be created; 1 to go in Benefit Auction)
• One (1) Special Edition Stablemate Best Customs model to 2nd and 3rd place Winner.
• One (1) Rosette to each Finalist and One (1) additional Rosette to each Winner
How to Enter
• Submit a photo of your custom to [email protected] for initial judging no later than Thursday, June 15th, 2017, 11:59 pm EST. No late entries allowed!
• Customizing and finish work must be original to entrant. For Performance entry, tack and/or rider does not have to be entrant-crafted.
• You must include digital photograph, the name of the original Breyer model used, the name of the single division you would like your custom to be judged in (no multiple divisions are allowed), name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
• Include up to 4 images only.
• Customs must fit within 24" x 24" or 18"x30" footprint on a table; no exceptions.
• Top 3 potential finalists to be chosen on or about July 1, 2017.
• Top 3 Finalists in each division to be displayed at BreyerFest for final judging.
• Potential finalist is responsible for organizing delivery and pick up of their model, if chosen, at BreyerFest Artisans' Gallery. (You do not need to attend BreyerFest, but your model does.) If you are unable to comply with this requirement, you will forfeit your opportunity for consideration and an alternate potential finalist will be chosen.
• Custom must be delivered by you or your proxy by Thursday, July 13th, 2017 between 12 and 4 pm; Customs to stay on display until 9:30 pm Saturday night, July 15th, 2017.
• Judging will be completed and ribbons displayed Saturday night, July 15th 2017.
• Prizes awarded at 9:00 pm on Saturday night. Models are available for pick up at 10 pm, however it is preferred that they remain on table until Artisan's Gallery closes at 11 pm, if possible, to allow everyone to view the winners after judging. Customs and/or prizes not picked up at close of the Artisan's Gallery will not be returned and will become the property of Breyer Animal Creations.
• Judges: to be determined
1. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of the winner.
2. Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents ages 14 and up. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
3. Custom model must be original and entirely created by the entrant, and must not violate any applicable local, national, and/or international laws or regulations.
4. Contest entry period begins Wednesday, May 15, 2017 at 12:01am EDT and ends Thursday June 15, 2017 at 11:59pm EDT. All entries must be received via email at [email protected] by 11:59pm EDT, June 15, 2017. No other method of entry will be accepted.
5. To enter, email no more than four (4) digital photographs of your custom to [email protected] All entries must be in digital form, JPEG format (PFD, PSD, BMP, etc. will be rejected), no larger than 2MB each in size. Only emailed entries will be eligible.
6. Your email must include digital photograph, the name of the original Breyer model used, the name of the division you would like your custom to be judged in, name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address . Any entries missing the above requirements will be immediately disqualified.
7. Limit one (1) entry per person in the entire contest regardless of division or class.
8. Note new rule for 2017. Winner of previous year's class is not allowed to enter the same class that they won in 2016. However, they are welcome to choose a different category to compete in for 2017. Fantasy and Theme classes are both new for 2017 and anyone is welcome to enter. Theme class will be exempt from this rule as it will change subjects and become a totally new class every year it is offered.
9. Judges have yet to be determined. Customs will be judged as follows: Excellence in Finish Work - 100% finish work; Fantasy - 50% on creative concept and 50% on execution; Most Extreme Custom - 100% of quality of extensive re-working, conformation and finish work; Theme Custom - 100% quality of re-working, conformation, and finish work; and Best Custom for Performance Excellence (shown with Tack and Rider) - 80% on the customization of the horse, and 20% on the tack and rider presentation (include a small card detailing the discipline and class being performed). Three (3) potential finalists will be chosen in each division, and one (1) Winner will be chosen in each division, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding in all respects.
10. We will contact the potential finalists by email on or about July 1, 2017. Selected potential finalists must confirm receipt of email, verify valid contact information, and confirm their custom will be at BreyerFest on Thursday, July 13, 2017 between 12 and 4pm EDT and on display for final judging and until 10:00 pm EDT Saturday, July 15, 2017, to Sponsor by email (email address will be provided to potential finalist in notification email) within five (5) business days or he/she will forfeit their position as a potential finalist and an alternate potential finalist will be selected.
11. The first name, city and state of the Finalists and Winners may be listed on the website (www.BreyerHorses.com) on or after 7/17/17.
12. Prizes will be awarded at 9:00 pm EDT on Saturday, 7/15/17. Models are available for pick up at 10:00 pm, to allow for display of winners. Customs and/or prizes not picked up by close of Artisan's Gallery at 11 pm on 7/15/17 will not be returned and will become the property of Breyer Animal Creations.
13. Prize: One (1) Special Edition Traditonal BreyerFest Best Customs model (Estimated Retail Value $1,000) to one (1) Winner in each of the five (5) categories. One (1) Special Edition Stablemates Best Customs Model to 2nd and 3rd place Finalists. One (1) Rosette to each 2nd and 3rd place Finalist and One (1) additional Rosette to each Winner. Winner is responsible for all taxes on Prize.
14. Noncompliance or return of potential finalist notification as undeliverable, whether by email or telephone, may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative potential finalist.
15. Sponsor may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. In the event of insufficient entries for a division, a winner may not be chosen for that division.
16. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
17. Sponsor employees, retailers, and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
18. All digital photographs submitted become the property of Breyer Animal Creations a division of Reeves International, Inc. ("Sponsor") and may be used or reproduced in any manner and for any purpose by Sponsor without additional consent or compensation, including without limitation for commercial purposes, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Various digital photographs of custom entries may be periodically posted on Sponsor's website (www.BreyerHorses.com). This does not guarantee that they are or will be winners.
19. By participating, Contest entrants: (1) represent that they have complied with these Official Contest Rules; (2) grant Sponsor the right to use his or her name, city, state, and likeness, (3) release Sponsor from all and all liability in connection with this Contest, and (4) agree to execute an affidavit of eligibility/prize acceptance form and publicity release if requested to do so, all without further compensation.
20. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete/incorrect or misdirected entries.
21. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify anyone who attempts to tamper or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this contest and/or its email server and/or website.
22. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest in the event of a malfunction beyond Sponsor's control.
23. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
24. The Sponsor is: Breyer Animal Creations, a division of Reeves International, Inc. located at 14 Industrial Rd, Pequannock, NJ 07440.
25. For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List, send a stamped, self addressed envelope to Sponsor at the above-address; Attn: BreyerFest Customs Contest. Please specify which item you are requesting.