Gateway to India Model Horse Diorama Contest
On display Friday & Saturday
Get ready for lots of ‘maza' (the Hindi word for fun!) as we celebrate the cultural diversity of India! Dioramas can incorporate any cultural aspect or region from India. Maybe you're dreaming of exploring the serenity of an ashram; or discovering the wonder of the Taj Mahal; or cheering on your favorite polo players! India is a large and diverse country so there are endless possibilities! Remember, you can use any scale of Breyer models. Saubhaagy!
Diorama Contest Rules
1. One entry per person
2. All entries must be created using a least one Breyer Model (any scale).
3. All entries must stand upright on a table and fit entirely inside a 12" cube; including bases, stands, and attachments (entries will be measured).
4. Any media, attachments, and bases can be used as long as it fits the size requirement above.
5. Entry must be accompanied with a 3" x 5" index card with a description on one side and name, age, city and state on the other side.
6. All entrants must be BreyerFest Three-Day ticket holders.
7. Submissions will only be accepted Friday, July 14th from 9:30 am - 5:00 pm at the Visitor Information Center. Entries will be judged Friday evening after the park is closed, allowing judges time to read the entry cards. Entries received after Friday will not be judged.
8. All entries must be submitted by the original artist.
9. Winners will be announced after the Saturday Raffle in the Covered Arena
Special Limited Edition models will be presented to winners in four age categories: Under 10 years, 10-14 years, 15-19 years, and 20 Years & Older.
Kids Horseless Horse Show!
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
10 am and 2 pm daily
A contest just for the two-legged ponies, in other words, kids! Children's ticket holders are invited to test their jumping skills for a chance to win a prize! Register your child to participate in Celebration Park.
A horseless horse show is run just like a real horse show without the horses. With set jumping courses participants race against the clock on their own two feet. The horseless horse show is open to kids 12 and under and features a "Grand Prix" a "Pairs Class" and is followed by the crowd favorite, "High Jump Competition." All sections will be judged and an awards presentation will follow each section of competition.
1. Participant must be a Children's ticket holder (12 and under).
2. Each Participant must have a complete waiver signed by their parent or guardian only. Those without waivers will not be able to participate in the contest.
3. Onsite registration for classes is required.
4. Prizes will be distributed to winners at the conclusion of the Finals.
5. Complete rules and course map will be posted onsite.
Bollywood Bash Costume Contest
Saturday, 6 pm
Wrap on your Sari and get ready to dance! For this year's costume contest we're heading to the far east to celebrate the uniqueness and beauty of India as well as the Bollywood Film Industry. Prizes will be awarded to the winners!
All costumes must be family friendly! Any costume deemed inappropriate by the judges will not be allowed to take part in the Costume Contest. Prizes will be awarded to the top three people or groups in each category. Categories include: Individual Adult, Adult Group, Individual Child, and Child Group. The age cut-off is the same as BreyerFest tickets - adults are ages 13 and over, kids are ages 12 and under. Costumes are judged on quality of execution and best overall theme, and prizes are awarded at the judges' discretion.
Click here to read the rules and regulations.