Jobs at Breyer
We are always looking for motivated people to join us! We are especially interested in people who share our love of animals (especially horses), share our interest in nature, our passion for quality and our desire to make a difference. We are often looking for people with a toy industry or collectibles background. Reeves International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you're interested in pursuing a position with us, please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to [email protected].
We currently have two positions available in our Pequannock, NJ office:
Promotional Events Manager
We are seeing an experienced Promotional Events Manager to manage and grow Breyer's experiential brand events for consumers, collectors and retailers.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the Promotional Events Manager will be responsible for developing and producing brand-building festivals, events and marketing promotions at various locations throughout the US and Canada, resulting in high attendance and strong participant engagement, brand affinity and product sales.
The promotional events manager will concept and implement innovative plans to create consumer awareness of and engagement with horses, the equestrian industry and the model horse hobby. In addition, the promotional events manager will provide retailers with the marketing tools and information to host successful retail events that build their Breyer business and increase sales.
The successful candidate will have experience planning, coordinating and running both indoor and outdoor consumer focused festivals, fairs or horse shows rather than meetings, trade shows or corporate functions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Produce and manage company's annual collector festival, BreyerFest (http://www.breyerhorses.com/breyerfest/). Responsible for development and management of event program, bottom line/P&L, vendors and rentals, and ticket and product sales to achieve maximum attendance, publicity and profit goals.
- Create successful formats for retailers that will enable them to host successful in-store Breyer events.
- Create and manage up to 5-10 regional events to involve retailers and consumers in an experience to enhance brand awareness and promote sales.
- Concept, develop, manage and implement additional promotional events, such as grass roots consumer events, that will create awareness of and enthusiasm for horses, grow Breyer brand recognition and affinity, increase customer loyalty, grow the model horse hobby, create excitement for the brand, increase sales, and promote goodwill.
Key Requirements include:
- Position requires 5 years of progressively responsible event management experience - preferably in consumer festivals, fairs and promotional consumer and retail events; not in corporate function/meeting planning.
- Strong planning, organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient with all relevant and standard Microsoft programs including, Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines is critical.
- Must be able to handle multiple activities concurrently, prioritize well and accept event P&L responsibilities.
- 20% travel required.
- Equestrian background a significant plus but not absolutely required.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package in a pleasant, suburban work environment. Travel is required (approx. 20%). Please respond with a cover letter, resume and salary history to [email protected].
Social Media & Community Engagement Coordinator
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Social Media & Community Coordinator to join our Marketing Communications team to support our Breyer collector communities online, at events, and to assist in brand-building web and social media outreach activities designed to increase engagement and drive sales. Our ideal candidate has had previous experience in public relations and loves to share a good story with words, pictures and video. She/he is a social media maven who is comfortable in front of or behind the camera. Creative, yet efficient, she/he understands the benefits of creating and adhering to a social media calendar and tracking results to grow web traffic, social media following and club engagement.
- Create/Share Social Media Content and Email Marketing Content – Create and share fun, appealing content to drive consumers to the BreyerHorses.com and ReevesIntl.com websites on a regular basis. Update news sections, blogs, etc. on BreyerHorses.com and ReevesIntl.com websites.
- Coordinate Content Posting/Sharing/Collection – Maintain content files, curate pictures, blog posts, promotional materials and timely comments for posting.
- Collaborate – Collaborate with Marketing, Product Development and Creative Services to ensure content and campaigns support key product and brand initiatives.
- Connect – Be passionate about horses, love model horses and become the primary point of contact for Breyer fan base. Monitor model horse hobby and horse industry. Be the expert for Breyer in all areas of our fan base and what’s happening in the digital arena.
- Engage – Engage and update Breyer fans and collectors on BreyerHorses.com forums and across Breyer social media outlets with timely responses and engage them with lively, up-to-date postings on Breyer products and happenings, along with the real horse world news that inspires Breyer products and marketing activities. Monitor fan feedback and comments for highest level of fan engagement.
- Monitor Social Media Content – Monitor Breyer’s social media outlets on a daily basis (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube), analyzing content performance and social media trends and adjusting posting schedules, content, etc. to maximize Breyer’s reach.
- Report – Report on statistics and results for each account.
- Must be a horse enthusiast with good working knowledge of horses and the horse world
- Strong writer with a knack for spotting good stories and repackaging them for social media outlets and the web. Able to shoot and edit photographs and video a plus.
- Have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, PhotoShop, Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, Pinterest, Instagram and the ability to learn and master new programs. Facility with Mail Chimp, HTML and CMS a plus.
- Work with web team to increase web traffic, social media following and club engagement.
- Have 2-4 years previous relevant experience in public relations or creating social media content for a consumer brand.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with a creative marketing approach. Be organized and detail-oriented with a passion for accuracy.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or related field.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package in a pleasant, suburban work environment. Some travel is required (approx. 10%). Please respond with a cover letter, writing sample, resume and salary history to [email protected]