Even if you’re a seasoned BreyerFest attendee, it’s always good to have a handy list of reminders so you can plan your weekend accordingly – especially with some of the new changes we’ve got in store for you this year. If you’re new to BreyerFest, here is a great list of tips to make sure you have the best weekend ever!
• It’s Kentucky in July, so our #1 tip is always come prepared for the heat. However, this year in Lexington, it’s also been rainy, so guests will definitely need to check the forecast in case of rain. Either way, it will be hot, hot, hot, so be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day and wear plenty of sunscreen – you can get a sunburn even if it’s overcast.
• Dress comfortably! Wear good walking shoes and comfortable clothes. Also, an extra pair of socks in your bag for a quick change mid-day could be just what you needed!
• Need a break from the sun? Take advantage of our FREE seminars and films, located in the air conditioned Visitor Information Center ("VIC") and running all weekend long!
• Show up 15 minutes prior to your Special Run ticket time to ensure you won’t miss the drawing for the start of the line. This tent is full of misting fans, so no need to worry about keeping cool!
• While you’re at your Special Run time, you can also grab your Celebration model! This year, guests can pick up their Oliver models during their Special Run ticket time.
• Bags larger than a Traditional-sized model are not permitted in the main Breyer Store in the Covered Arena, the large Hero’s Salute Pop-Up shop, or in the Special Run Store. This includes rolling bags of all sizes, wagons, duffel bags, large purses or tote bags, backpacks, and all shopping bags. For your convenience, there are two bag check locations located near these stores where you must check your bags before you shop.
• Avoid stress and take advantage of the free shuttle service offered by BreyerFest and do not try to park at the Clarion Hotel unless you are a guest there. The Clarion has EXTREMELY limited parking this year, and we are encouraging anyone who is not actually a guest there to leave the spots open to hotel guests. Shuttles will be picking up from all our partner hotels and looping to the Clarion, as well as making evening runs from the KHP to the Clarion. The shuttle service will run until 11:30 pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
• Remember to take in the beautiful Kentucky Horse Park while you’re there! The KHP boasts the International Museum of the Horse and the fantastic breeds barn, which are included in your 3-day ticket!
• And most importantly - relax! Don’t forget to enjoy your vacation!
See you in a few weeks in Kentucky!
Comments will be approved before showing up.