Visit a local Breyer Retailer for in-store exclusives, Breyer Fun Days and to see your favorite Breyer Horses and Accessories!
by Breyer Blog Team January 24, 2019 2 min read5 Comments
The Diorama Contest has been an integral part of BreyerFest since 1991 when the Diorama Contest was first introduced. For the readers who missed our posts throughout the Fall, 1991 was the year of the 4 BreyerFest events.
In honor of our 30th anniversary celebration, we are asking entrants to take a look back over the last 29 years and think about their favorite memory from BreyerFest. First time at BreyerFest without any memories to share? Not to worry! What are you most looking forward to at BreyerFest this year? A particular guest horse? The costume contest? Room sales at the Clarion? The possibilities are endless with all the action around the park!
But there’s a typical BreyerFest twist! We’re asking everyone to present their diorama as a parade float so we can create a proper ticker tape parade to celebrate the big 3-0! It can be as simple as adding a little bit of fringe to your Diorama base, or as dramatic as a full-scale parade float pulled by a Stablemates-sized pick-up truck that wouldn’t be out of place at a certain Thanksgiving Parade.
You can read more about the Diorama Contest on the website here. As a little reminder there are four age categories: Under 10 years, 10-14 years, 15-19 years, and 20 Years & Older, and the winners of each group will receive a Special Limited Model which will be unveiled soon. Prizes are distributed at the Covered Arena before the raffle on Saturday.
The full rules are on the Contest page but we’ve included them below, too:
Diorama Contest Rules:
1. One entry per person.
2. All entries must be created using a least one Breyer Model (any scale).
3. All entries must stand upright on a table and fit entirely inside a 12" cube; including bases, stands, and attachments (entries will be measured).
4. Any media, attachments, and bases can be used as long as it fits the size requirement above.
5. Entry must be accompanied by a 3" x 5" index card with a description on one side and name, age, city and state on the other side.
6. All entrants must be BreyerFest Three-Day ticket holders - wristbands will be checked.
7. Submissions will only be accepted Friday, July 12th from 9:30 am - 5:00 pm at the Visitor Information Center. Entries will be judged Friday evening after the park is closed, allowing judges time to read the entry cards. Entries received after Friday will not be judged.
8. All entries must be submitted by the original artist.
9. Winners will be announced during the Saturday Raffle in the Covered Arena, at approximately 4 p.m.
10. All entries must be picked up from the Visitor Information Center by Sunday, July 14th at 1:00 pm. Entries left after this time will be considered forfeit. Entries left after the close of BreyerFest will not be returned.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Our newsletter subscribers are the first to know about Breyer product releases, store specials, BreyerFest and more!