Enter the May 2019 Breyer Photo Show
May 2019 Breyer Photo Show Contest: Mares & Foals
This contest has closed; entries no longer accepted. Thank you.
Looking for our current Photo Show Contest? The shows are now hosted on our Photography and Collecting blog, part of "Discover Breyer!"
We are excited to announce our first contest for 2019, Mares & Foals! The MAY contest entries are due by email no later than May 31, 2019 by 5:00pm EDT. They will be judged on equal parts creativity, composition, accuracy, and adherence to the theme. After being carefully reviewed by the judge, the results of the contest will be pinned in each age category 1st through 6th place and published on BreyerHorses.com on or about June 10th, 2019. One prize will be awarded to our first place winner in each age category; the prize is Best of British Foal Set (#9198; ERV $39.99)!
Mares & Foals is our first theme this year and it’s a timely one as we are entering foaling season.
While many foals are birthed in a foaling stall, others in more remote areas are born in the field among a herd. Most mares prefer to give birth alone, and as such, often foal at night or early in the morning. An immediate bond is created, and the mare is very protective of her newborn.
How will you choose to photograph this subject? A scene from a foaling environment? Or the young foal in its early months? Or a combination shot of a foal with its mother? This topic gives you a chance to showcase the subtleties of this wonderful period in a young foal’s life.
Please remember that figures are not required. However, some themes benefit from the addition of them, and the judge will consider the overall scene. If a figure is used, it must be a Breyer figure. All other props and scenery are up to you and your imagination!
HOW TO ENTER:
Create an original scene for Mares & Foals. The versatility of this theme will provide you with an opportunity to use your imagination and creativity in expressing your photographic talents. We can’t wait to see your submissions for this special theme.
Figures are not required but some themes benefit from the addition of figures and the judge will consider the overall scene. If a figure is used, it must be a Breyer figure. All other props and scenery are up to you and your imagination!
- Take a photo and email it to us email@example.com to be judged.
- PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT RULES REGARDING YOUR PHOTO ENTRY:
- You must send us LOW RESOLUTION IMAGE - 72 DPI. If you send us a hi-res image, your photo will be discarded without notice to you.
- You must ATTACH YOUR IMAGE AS A FILE. DO NOT EMBED THE IMAGE INTO THE BODY OF THE EMAIL. If you do, your photo will be discarded without notice to you.
- You must name your image as follows: [YOUR LAST NAME].May.Photo.Show.jpg. If you fail to follow this naming protocol, your image will be discarded without notice to you.
- Your entry must include the subject line "Mares & Foals." Your email must include your digital photograph, name, age, mailing address, telephone number, and email address as well as a statement of parental consent if under 18.
- Entries will be judged on equal parts Creativity, Composition, Accuracy and Adherence to the theme "Mares & Foals."
- PLEASE NOTE: It is important that you follow the rules of the contest. Many people are submitting entries that ignore the theme and they are rejected outright from judging. If you don't understand the theme, please research it so that you don't spend hours setting up a diorama that does not suit the theme. Also, please note that the rules require the use of Breyer horses and figures as the primary models in your scene.
One (1) Best of British Foal Set (#9198; ERV $39.99) will be awarded to one (1) first place winner in each age category:
- 17 years old and under
- 18 years old and up
By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by the following contest rules.
- This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of the winner. Many will enter, but only one (1) will win in each age category.
- Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents of any age. Parental consent is required for entrants under age 18, if selected as a potential winner. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- All entries must be original and entirely created by the entrant, and must not violate any applicable local, national, and/or international laws or regulations.
- Contest begins at 10:00 am EDT on 5/15/19 and ends at 5:00pm EDT on 5/31/2019. All entries must be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm EDT on 5/31/2019. No other method of entry will be accepted.
- To enter, email (or have your parent or legal guardian email, if age 17 or under) no more than one (1) digital photograph of your original Mares & Foals Breyer model photo scene to email@example.com. All entries must be in digital form, JPEG format in 72 dpi (PFD, PSD, BMP, etc. will be rejected), no larger than 1MB in size. Image size no larger than 1500 dpi x 1500 dpi. Image must be attached to the email and not sent embedded/inline. Image must be named as follows: [YOUR LAST NAME].May.Photo.Show.jpg. Only emailed entries will be eligible.
- Only Breyer model horses should be used to create photo scene. If you chose to use a figure, it must be a Breyer figure; other props and accessories are acceptable.
- Your entry must include the subject line "Mares & Foals,” along with your digital photograph, name, age, mailing address, telephone number, and email address as well as a statement of parental consent if aged 17 or under. Entry and/or statement of parental consent must be submitted in English. Any entries missing the above requirements will be immediately disqualified.
- Limit one (1) entry per person and email address.
- Contact and shipping information collected will be used for the purposes of this contest only and will not be used for email marketing or other purposes.
- Each entry will be judged on equal parts creativity, composition, accuracy and adherence to the theme:Mares & Foals. Six (6) entries will be chosen and pinned in each age group for places first through sixth; the first place entry will become the potential winner, as determined by the judge in their sole discretion. The decisions of the judge will be final and binding in all respects.
- We will contact the potential winner by email on or about 6/17/19. The selected potential winner must confirm receipt of email and verify valid contact and shipping information to Sponsor by email (email address will be provided to potential winner in notification email) within five (5) business days or he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
- The first name, city and state of the prize winner and pinned entries from each age group will be listed on the website (www.BreyerHorses.com) on or about 6/28/19.
- Prize will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian if the winner is a minor.
- Prize: one (1) Best of British Foal Set (#9198; ERV $39.99) will be awarded to one (1) winner in each age category (17 and under, 18 and older). Winner is responsible for all taxes on Prize.
- Noncompliance or return of prize notification as undeliverable, whether by email or telephone, may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative potential winner.
- Sponsor may substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes will ship on or about 6/28/19.
- Sponsor employees, retailers, and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- All entries become the sole property of Breyer Animal Creations a division of Reeves International, Inc. ("Sponsor") and may be used or reproduced in any manner and for any purpose by Sponsor without additional consent or compensation, including without limitation for commercial purposes, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Various entries may be periodically posted on Sponsor's website (www.BreyerHorses.com). This does not guarantee that they are or will be winners.
- By participating, Contest entrants: (1) represent that they have complied with these Official Contest Rules; (2) grant Sponsor the right to use his or her name, city, state, and likeness; (3) release Sponsor from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, and (4) agree to execute an affidavit of eligibility/prize acceptance form and publicity release if requested to do so, all without further compensation. Entry into the Contest constitutes complete permission for Sponsor to use, edit, or modify all submissions (including names, pictures and likenesses) for purposes including without limitation advertising and trade in any manner or medium whatsoever. Entrants over the age of 18 and the parents or legal guardians of participating individuals and primary contacts for participants under age 18 agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, and affiliates where situated against claims, losses, penalties, causes of action, damages, liability, costs, expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from entrants participation in the Contest, without limitation or exception, including entrant's violation of any third-party's rights, including without limitation, infringement of any copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secret, right of privacy or publicity or any other third party right).
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete/incorrect or misdirected entries.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify anyone who attempts to tamper or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this contest and/or its email server and/or website.
- Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion in the event of a malfunction beyond Sponsor's control.
- All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- The Sponsor is: Breyer Animal Creations, a division of Reeves International, Inc. located at 14 Industrial Rd, Pequannock, NJ 07440.
- For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List, send a stamped, self addressed envelope to Sponsor at the above-address; Attn: Breyer Photo Show Contest – Mares & Foals. Please specify which item you are requesting.