February 2023 Breyer Photo Show
February 2023: Helping Hooves
This contest has closed; entries are no longer accepted. Thank you.
Our first Breyer Photo Show of 2023 is Helping Hooves, which celebrates the horses who make a difference in our lives.
After being carefully reviewed by the judge, Shaun Basch, the results of the contest will be pinned 1st through 6th place in each age category and published on BreyerHorses.com on or about March 24th, 2023. One prize will be awarded to our first place winner in each age category: Hope (#62123; ERV $34.99), a benefit model for PATH International.
Horses are truly incredible animals - there's something uncanny about how they always seem to be able to sense when something is wrong. Helping Hooves celebrates those horses that make our lives better. This could be anything from therapy horses, to horses who perform important or helpful tasks, to horses that are simply your best friend.
As a reminder, please make sure to follow all local, state, and federal mandates regarding health and safety protocols if you will be taking photos in a public area. We want you to stay healthy!
Please remember that figures are not required, but some themes benefit from the addition of them, and the judge will consider the overall scene. If a figure is used, it must be a Breyer figure. All other props, tack and scenery are up to you and your imagination!
HOW TO ENTER:
Create an original scene for Helping Hooves. For this Photo Show, we are looking for entries that involve horses providing care, service, or companionship.
Figures are not required, but some themes benefit from the addition of figures and the judge will consider the overall scene. If a figure is used, it must be a Breyer figure. All other props and scenery are up to you and your imagination!
- Take a photo and email it to us at email@example.com to be judged.
- PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PHOTO ENTRY:
- You must ATTACH YOUR IMAGE TO YOUR EMAIL AS A FILE. DO NOT EMBED THE IMAGE INTO THE BODY OF THE EMAIL. In most email clients, the “attach file” icon is represented by a paperclip. Please do not send links to photo uploading/storage services such as Dropbox or Google Drive. If you embed your photo or a link in the email instead of attaching it as a file, your entry will be discarded without notice to you.
- You must rename your image's filename as follows: [YOUR LAST NAME].Feb.PhotoShow. You can do this by right-clicking on your image and selecting the "rename" option. If you fail to follow this naming protocol, your entry will be discarded without notice to you.
- Your entry must include the subject line Helping Hooves. Your email must include your digital photograph, name, age, mailing address, telephone number, and email address as well as a clear statement of parental consent if you are under 18. Entries that are missing some or all of this information will be discarded without notice to you.
- Entries will be judged on equal parts creativity, composition, accuracy and adherence to the theme "Helping Hooves.”
- Entries received after the deadline of February 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST will not be judged.
- Unfortunately, due to legal restrictions outside of our control, this contest is only open to legal residents of the USA and Canada (excluding Quebec).
One (1) Hope (#62123; ERV $34.99) will be awarded to one (1) first place winner in each age category:
- 17 years old and under
- 18 years old and up
By submitting an entry, you (and your parent or legal guardian on your behalf, as applicable) agree to be bound by the following contest rules.
- This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of the winner. Many will enter, but only one (1) will win in each of two (2) age categories (as set-out in Rule 14).
- Contest is open to all legal residents of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec) where allowed. Parent must submit entry if entrant is under age 13. Parental consent is required for entrants under age 18 (or the legal age of majority in the entrant’s jurisdiction of residence – whichever is greater), if selected as a potential winner. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Email account required.
- All entries must be original, and created and photographed entirely by the entrant. Joint entries created by multiple entrants are not allowed and will be immediately disqualified. Entries must not violate any applicable local, national, and/or international laws or regulations.
- Contest begins at 11:00am EST on 02/07/2023 and ends at 11:59pm EST on 02/28/2023. All entries must be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm EST on 02/28/2023. No other method of entry will be accepted.
- To enter, email (or have your parent or legal guardian email, if under age 18 or the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence – whichever is greater) no more than one (1) digital photograph of your original Helping Hooves Breyer model photo scene to email@example.com. All entries must be in digital form, JPEG or PNG format (PDF, PSD, BMP, etc. will be rejected). Image must be attached to the email and not sent embedded/inline or via a digital link. The image's filename must be named as follows: [YOUR LAST NAME].Feb.PhotoShow. Only emailed entries will be eligible. One entry per email.
- Only Breyer model horses should be used to create photo scene. If you choose to use a figure, it must be a Breyer figure. Other non-Breyer props, tack and accessories are acceptable as long as Breyer models (and Breyer figures, if applicable) are used. Customized Breyer models are allowed.
- Your entry must include the subject line "Helping Hooves,” along with your digital photograph, name, age, mailing address, telephone number, and email address as well as a statement of parental consent if under age 18 (or the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence – whichever is greater) at time of entry. Entry and/or statement of parental consent must be submitted in English. Any entries missing the above requirements will be immediately disqualified.
- Limit one (1) entry per person and email address.
- Contact and shipping information collected will be used for the purposes of this contest only and will not be used for email marketing or other purposes.
- Entries will be judged by a model horse hobbyist/expert. Each entry will be judged on equal parts creativity, composition, accuracy and adherence to the theme: Helping Hooves. Six (6) entries will be chosen and pinned in each age group for places first through sixth; the first place entry will become the potential winner, as determined by the judge in their sole discretion. The decisions of the judge will be final and binding in all respects.
- We will contact the potential winner (or parent/legal guardian of potential winner if under age 18, or the legal age of majority in potential winner’s jurisdiction of residence – whichever is greater) by email on or about 03/22/23. The selected potential winner must confirm receipt of email and verify valid contact and shipping information to Sponsor by email (email address will be provided to potential winner in notification email) within three (3) business days or he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
- The first name, first letter of last name, and state/province/territory/country of the prize winner and pinned entries from each age group may be listed on the website (www.BreyerHorses.com) on or about 03/28/23.
- Prize will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian if the winner is under age 18 (or the legal age of majority in the potential winner’s jurisdiction of residence – whichever is greater).
- Prize: One (1) Hope (#62123; Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) $34.99 USD) will be awarded to one (1) winner in each age category (17 and under, 18 and older) for a total of two (2) winners. Total ERV (all prizes): $69.98 USD. Winner is responsible for all taxes on Prize.
- Noncompliance or return of prize notification as undeliverable, whether by email or telephone, may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative potential winner.
- Sponsor may substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
- Prizes will ship on or about 03/30/23.
- Sponsor and Sponsor’s employees, retailers, and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or stepchild, wherever they may live) are not eligible to enter.
- All entries become the sole property of Breyer Animal Creations, a division of Reeves International, Inc. ("Sponsor") and may be used or reproduced in any manner and for any purpose by Sponsor without additional consent or compensation, including without limitation for commercial purposes, and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, you (and your parent or legal guardian on your behalf, as applicable): (i) grant to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit, or otherwise use your entry, in whole or part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; and (ii) waive all moral rights in and to your entry in favor of the Sponsor (and anyone authorized by Sponsor to use the entry).
- Various entries may be periodically posted on Sponsor's website (www.BreyerHorses.com). This does not guarantee that they are or will be winners.
- By participating, Contest entrants (and their parent or legal guardian on their behalf, as applicable): (1) represent that they have complied with these Official Contest Rules; (2) grant Sponsor the right to use his or her name, city, state/province/territory/country, and likeness; (3) release Sponsor from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, and (4) agree to execute an affidavit of eligibility/prize acceptance form and publicity release (declaration and release for residents of Canada) if requested to do so, all without further compensation. Entry into the Contest constitutes complete permission for Sponsor to use, edit, or modify all submissions (including names, pictures and likenesses) for purposes including without limitation advertising and trade in any manner or medium whatsoever. Entrants over the age of 18 and the parents or legal guardians of entrants under age 18 (or the legal age of majority in the potential winner’s jurisdiction of residence – whichever is greater) agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, and affiliates where situated against claims, losses, penalties, causes of action, damages, liability, costs, expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from entrants participation in the Contest, without limitation or exception, including entrant's violation of any third-party's rights, including without limitation, infringement of any copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secret, right of privacy or publicity or any other third party right).
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete/incorrect or misdirected entries.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify anyone who attempts to tamper or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this contest and/or its email server and/or website.
- Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion in the event of a malfunction beyond Sponsor's control.
- All federal, state/provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- The Sponsor is: Breyer Animal Creations, a division of Reeves International, Inc. located at 14 Industrial Rd, Pequannock, NJ 07440.
- For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Sponsor at the above address; Attn: Breyer Photo Show Contest. Please specify which item you are requesting. Canadian residents may omit return postage.